Friday 4 May 2012

Carrot Pulp Loaf

The makings of this cake happened to be yet another impromptu decision when I came across Cooking for Engineers whilst making my early morning carrot juice. The wonderful thing about fresh fruit and vegetables juices is that it's great for my body and great for my health but ultimately it hurts my soul when I have to throw away all the pulp that's left in the juicer.  I've made all sorts of 'pulp muffins' before but they didn't ever come out how I always imagined... perhaps I have a stupendously larger-than-life type imagination.

When I was browsing through this crazy, interesting website I found a Carrot Pulp Cake recipe.  I couldn't not make carrot cake after seeing this so that's exactly what I did.  
With Cooking For Engineer's Recipe  they also use crushed pineapple in which I omitted and used sultanas instead although crushed pineapples does sound quite delicious.  I also used 300g of golden caster sugar instead of the granulated sugar and switched the 100g of light brown sugar to 100g of dark brown muscovado sugar.  This baked a moist carrot loaf that had triumphant carrot flavour, a delicate sweetness and great texture.  An all-round goodie.  





No comments:

Post a Comment